Monday, August 13, 2007

New Stuff on Web Site

I posted the new photos of my artwork on my www.artistjackie.com/newstuff.html this includes the orchid painting, a couple of new Body Language images, some new landscapes and quite a selection of my abstracts. Abstract paintings are not as easy to do as you may think. They still need to follow the precepts of any good painting: form, composition, balance, harmony, mood... They are like instrumentals - songs without words, these are paintings without specific images - but they should still evoke an emotional response, give a hint at a fleeting image...

Paintings that had been on the New Stuff page have been farmed out onto their respective pages, so if there was one you liked, it is probably still around somewhere. I also fixed some errors others have found for me. I think I have caught up on getting photos of all of my older works which is a good feeling. Now to get back to creating more new stuff!

No comments: