Sunday, August 5, 2007

Life as an Artist

Yesterday was fun.  Met up with my fellow artist and friend Debbie Shelley in Conway.  Spent a couple of hours painting plein aire around the 'alligator tree' by the church at 5th and Main.  It is an old, old live oak tree with lots of twists and turns and knots and if you look carefully, you can see a gator or two - I saw one and Debbie saw another.  The tree and others near it are covered with spanish moss.
 
Ok, I have not photo'd the paintings I did yet, but maybe tomorrow I will get them on my new stuff page on my website.
 
Then since it was the 1st Saturday and the gallery crawl was going on, after lunch we visited the galleries, saw some great stuff, chatted, networked, and got the see the art scene in Conway.  There is good stuff happening there.
 
 

No comments: