Sunday, December 14, 2008

Helicopter Ride











There is an advantage to working part time at one of the local resorts. Other tourist attractions occasionally give the workers free passes to see and experience their attractions so we can direct tourist to them. The theory being that it is easier to recommend something that you have already experienced and enjoyed.

Yesterday, Helicopter Adventures offered free rides to the industry workers. It was crisp and cold yet very clear. Since it was something I dreamed about just about every time I passed their copter, I took advantage of the opportunity. It was awesome! It was fabulous. It was wonderful. It was much quieter than I expected. The lift off was gently and smooth, the flight was a large circle around the southern end of Myrtle Beach. The tilting and turning reminded me of a smooth, quiet roller coaster ride. There was no real sensation of speed, just a slick ride. I took a few photos. I wanted to savour the experience more than focus on the photos.

Seeing your world from a different angle is a fun thing to do. I like to believe that as an artist, the more experience with different views of the world only enhance my creativity. If you ever get a chance to take a copter ride - go for it!

No comments: