Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Busy Spring

Going back in time....

Yesterday, Phyllis and I cleaned out and organized the WACG storage unit. It was dusty work but well worth it. We found what we needed for next week's reception and now we can get to what we need and everything is organized in useful groupings.

Last Saturday, Alice Estes a wonderfully talented Batik artist gave a demo/mini workshop on Batik for our April WACG meeting. If one wanted to, and I did, we got to play and try our hand at it. Its fun, but I don't think I will pursue it seriously on my own, but I am more than willing to take more workshops since it is so fun to do. I find that all learning experiences expand my knowledge of art in general and helps to improve my art in the mediums I do use regularly.

Last week the Weichert show came down. It was an experience for me completely putting on the show from start to finish. I need to thank everyone who helped, it could not have been done without all the volunteers. Thank you all so much.

My 'Beach Path' painting was voted the People's Choice Award! Thanks to all who voted for me.

I gave a motivational talk and painting demonstration at the Altrusa Conference in Charlotte. Never did something like that before. It was well received and I had fun. Much effort went in to designing the program and preparing the demo. Another exciting but tiring effort.

Before giving the presentation I updated my web site and posted new photos of my art and posted all of my published newsletters. www.artistjackie.com

Finally got my studio cleaned and organized! I can close my closet door and have room to move around. Still have one box of old paintings to sort through and a box of reference photos. I need to decide which to keep and which to toss. That I can do a little at a time.

We had our WACG breakfast. We meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month just to socialize and have someone in the arts to talk to.

I entered, but did not get in the WACG Juried Show which will be held at the B&C Museum from May 1 to May 25. No charge. Reception is open to all May 1 from 5:30 to 7:30. Come enjoy the show.

No comments: