Thursday, May 8, 2008

Painting at the Beach



Debbie got several of us got together to paint birdhouses for the Habitat for Humanity auction on June 8th. It was a wonderful spring day so we met at Myrtle Beach State Park and painted in a pavilion at the beach. Sea air, cool breeze, great view, great company, talking, relaxing and lots of painting. Debbie was so nice as to provide all of the supplies that we could use and even more! I could only stay a few hours and I got 2 houses painted. I was told I 'had' to paint one with palm trees - sort of one of my defining images as an artist, so I did. I also decided on the sunflowers on the spur of the moment - I like this one a lot.


To find out when we will be doing more of this kind of thing sign up for the yahoo group: waccamawartsandcrafts for more information.


No comments: