Friday, April 25, 2008

Art in the Park

The first Art in the Park of 2008 is here. Yesterday, I laid out the park, Chapin Park in Myrtle Beach, with the position of the artists' booths. I am finally feeling comfortable doing it and believing it will turn out nice and sort of match the map :)

I drew the map, so I get some leeway. I try to work around the tree roots, storm drains and other less than desirable traits for tent sites. But its amazing how the trees seem to move from show to show.... The city removed the gazebo and expanded the picnic cover so that actually gave us more room for artist vendors. There will be more than 70 at this month's show and the weather seems to be cooperating with a perfect Spring weekend predicted. It runs Sat & Sun 10-4 - come out for an interesting walk in the park, you never know what you may find.

Later in 2008 we will have shows in June, July, Oct & Nov.

No comments: