Saturday, November 8, 2008

Workshop Truck


Yesterday, the WACG sponsored an all day watercolor workshop with Mary Spelling to learn out textures in w/c. It was held at the Base Rec Center - a great facility for classes and workshops. There were 10 of us plus Mary. We created a painting of a old rusty truck. Mary demo-ed each step then let us play with it. It was fun to see all of the different versions of the same subject matter. The students were challenged, encouraged and everyone put out a great effort for wonderful results. The consensus opinion is that we want Mary to return next year for another workshop.


I work fast, so I was able to complete mine. Although watercolor is not my first choice of medium, I do like to dabble in it occasionally and I learned a lot. Just spending a day with fellow artists enjoying the time together and creating something fun is worth it. If you get opportunities to take workshops, I highly recommend it - always leave with more than you came with.

No comments: